Thursday, September 22, 2011

2001 F-150 Supercrew 4x4 Alternator Question?

2001 F-150 Supercrew 4x4 5.4L V8 124K miles

I changed out my Alternator the other day and now my truck stumbles a bit right around 1200-2000 RPM. Past that every so often once I am at cruising speed on the highway and can feel her jerk a bit...kind of like a hiccup and then it's fine for a while and than another hiccup.Also my RPMs jump a little during idle. Any Ideas of what this might be and how to correct the issue?2001 F-150 Supercrew 4x4 Alternator Question?
Fords are very fickle about wiring layouts and connectors. It is imperative that you have the wiring laid out exactly as it was from the factory...including the connections...they must fit factory tight. If all that is in order...it might just be going thru a relearning process which could take up to 50 miles. Fords are the worst vehicles around when it comes to any electrical problems. Best of Luck to you!!