Wednesday, November 24, 2010

HOW DO I CHANGE A alternator ON A 95 HONDA CIVIC HATCH EG?

IM BUYING A SECOND CAR FOR $900 THE ONLY THING IS THAT I HAVE TO CHANGE THE ALTERNATOR IF ANYONE HAVE ANY DIAGRAMS I CAN SEE BEFORE HAND ? THANX OR ANY LINKSHOW DO I CHANGE A alternator ON A 95 HONDA CIVIC HATCH EG?
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/art



Same way to do it.HOW DO I CHANGE A alternator ON A 95 HONDA CIVIC HATCH EG?
Best advice is to go to Wal Mart book and magazine section and look for the car manuals. They sell for under twenty dollars and is all the information you will ever need to know. You will need to know the year, make and model of your Honda to get the correctt book.HOW DO I CHANGE A alternator ON A 95 HONDA CIVIC HATCH EG?
Too much to list. You can go to the Auto zone website and the website can provide you with a repair manuel. you can look it upHOW DO I CHANGE A alternator ON A 95 HONDA CIVIC HATCH EG?
A new alternator only costs about $135 from your local auto parts store.



You'll need metric box wrenches (interlink 2 box wrenches for more leverage) to get into the tight spaces. A breaker bar for some of the really tight bolts and a torque wrench to bolt everything back to specification.



You'll need to jack the front part of your car, disconnect the battery and wire harnesses, remove the adjust bolt and other bolts from the alternator mount, then slide the old alternator out from underneath.



Here's how I did mine. Buy a Honda Civic Repair service manual for added reference:



http://www.hondacivicrepairs.com/alterna



Good luck!